Thursday, June 1, 2023

June Events

I have had a difficult month living with my family. I live in a house with an attic on the second floor that does not have air conditioning in it like an attic, a low ceiling like one, and it is not large enough to be called a bonus room. I think those are used as game rooms in larger properties. Many of the houses in this neighborhood are designed this way. It is the same size house that was bought by the owner and lost through bankruptcy in another city. So, it looks crazy in so many ways. We struggle to pay the bills to live here, but it did not make sense to move. We could sell the house before we run out of funds to pay, but it is not on the market. So, it just looks crazy. I guess we really live on government money like someone in publicly funded housing because the owner of this home that I live with did not deserve to retire. 

She only got to a GS 9 ranking, but worked for 30 years. If that looks illegal or crazy, it is no surprise to me. You had to keep moving up in the Army Reserves to continue working for them. When she stopped at GS 9, she should have resigned. It was before she worked for 30 years. She could not use a computer although she was old enough to buy one in the 1980s, and left because they were becoming more of a requirement. I do not know why she worked there that long, but she would not have retired for 30 years. If she gets an income from the government, it is like what I would normally get through public housing. I would not be destitute if she died normally. I could just go to housing, but it is not normal. They would turn me away unless I had a child like I do not need help, but the taxes are so high I could go to a private college or a public one with small class sizes like a private university like the ones at ECU.

I have been dusting today and getting chores done. I need to do spring cleaning. I help by living with the owner of this house in case she falls or has an emergency. She is not alone for hours before getting help. She is elderly. The way my brother is never here and takes water from her really only helps him. It is not normal he lives here when his apartment is so close by and he has another home with his girlfriend in a different city. He keeps an apartment he never stays at, stays here too, and stays in with his girlfriend. He does not really help the owner of this house by always being gone. He's always had a steady job, but he took a long time to stop wearing pull-ups in elementary school. He could not fit in them when he stopped wearing them. I remember, he was still wearing them in second grade. It was not normal. 

I went shopping yesterday at got so many things I needed. The prices are so high at WalMart. It is ridiculous. I do not know how they make a profit with such high prices. Their merchandise is just not worth that much. I just budget and buy less. There are people who do not even go there probably because of their high prices. It used to be low prices always was their slogan. They took those smiley signs down. 

I am trying Idaho scalloped potatoes, collard greens, and ballpark franks. I found some asian dumplings to eat this month. I have two large bags of those that are microwaveable. I add mayonnaise, Worcestershire marinade (this tastes like pulled pork BBQ), and cheese to my franks. I added a lot of milk and butter to boiled water and dry shavings of scalloped potatoes before baking them in the oven. It was a learning experience. It solidified and looked less runny when it was done with baking. I had never made them before although they've always been with boxes of mashed potatoes in the grocery aisle. It was something new to try. 

I tried phyllo pastry from Athens yesterday. I added butter and stevia to make it taste sweeter. It came out great. It only took five minutes to bake in the oven at 350 degrees. I had never tried them before. I had Lilly's grilled cheese burger sandwiches for lunch, and they were grilled with enough butter and oil that it tasted wonderful. I had never had a grilled cheese burger sandwich with ground beef crumbles before. I had 1 Red's Turkey sausage and phyllo pastries for dinner. 

I mixed 3 scrambled eggs with kidney beans, cayenne (red) pepper, black pepper, Kosher salt, and butter. I ate this with oatmeal with cinnamon, butter, and salt, and it tasted so good together. I found out kidney beans prevent absorbing starch by blocking carbohydrates that break down into sugar during absorption in the intestines from https://www.healthline.com/. It is so good for you and preventing diabetes. I added stevia to it, and it tasted really great. They are also a good source of protein. I usually get a large can of Hanover kidney beans to go with different meals during the month, but I had forgotten how healthy they were. I did not have any sausage to go with my oatmeal, but it still was a filling substitution. Although it was a poor man's mean like something Native Americans used to eat to live off the land by taking a bear minimum. 

My mother took the phone of I was using, so I will not be going online as often. I listen to an old boom box radio I bought in 1997 from Seymour Johnson's PX. It works fine still. I never listened. I enjoy classical music on the radio. It has a nice sound quality with my two large speakers. I have things to do. I did a lot of spring cleaning today. There were a lot of vents and areas around the house that I failed to clean last year after a resident of this house died from the Corona-19 Virus. I hit a lot of old vents, a fan in her empty old room, and corners I missed. I finally got stubborn dust off a vent at the bottom of the stairs that I did not know how to remove before. I found an old lamp that I thought was broken and got it to work from the 1990s. It was a touch lamp that gets brighter when you tap it. I tried tapping it in the middle where the base of the lamp is that gives it much of its height, and it came on. I thought it was broken. I had never tried to turn it on that way. I used the top of the lamp and the base, but it was always a touchy lamp. So, I moved it to my room and it works fine. I plugged in an old lamp with a large shade and wood body in a guest room that was on the floor and unplugged. I did a lot of light cleaning. I think the house is better for it. 

I think my mother is sleep walking from complications of epilepsy. I am not sure she woke up when she does not make a lot of sense. So, I live with her right now, and I think it helps out a lot. She says I cannot have any of her water, but she is always telling me how she is way more normal than I am and that is the only thing she buys that I need to eat or drink. I need water. So, there is so much water outside, and I still get some and let her know she can call 911 is she needs me to leave. There is a record that I have to leave then, and I do not have to come back or fear being reported missing when I am not really. I do not think it is normal for her to be retired, say she is more normal, but not let me get 2 bottles of water a day unless she is sleep walking. I tell her I think she is. I did not deserve to have anything taken from me. That phone's unlimited plan has always been way too expensive. I do not need that much data. So, I was glad to use the phone less. I only needed an android phone like a galaxy. It is an old iPhone 8, but it is 4G and does not cause cancer like 5G. You probably could not get any money for it  now. It was used when we got it. I just use it, but I wish she would change the phone plan. The one her friend set up that died of Covid-19 was the most expensive one I know of. She was just using her and spent all \her money on things we did not need.

I have a better plan to use my computer only once or twice a month to take care of limited business online since the blue light from computer screens is not good for eye health. My blue light glasses are like sunglasses that block blue light from TV, phone, and PC screens. They only cost me $25 from HSN two years ago. They have no Rx, but they help me tremendously with eye strain from the blue light that comes out of the screens. So much blue light comes out of them, but you cannot read from it. It lights up a room at night. It is not normal, and does not look like healthy light. 

I thought about Caribou coffee sold at WalMart last night. I heard that Caribou was a night club and a cigarette brand in the 1950s that no one remembers except people who died. Caribou was a cigarette that killed Nat King Cole, and it is the name of a coffee that I think tastes like a poison is in that did not clearly tell you it was one. It was a cigarette that sold at a jazz night club with live music and tables to drink and sit at. There was a smoking and nonsmoking section. You would not drink Caribou coffee. Nat King Cole died because he smoked that kind of cigarette. 

That was a weird thought I had last night. I am not sure it is Nat King Cole's coffee, but I was a little girl and an astronaut from the 1950s. I think that coffee tastes like a poison is in it. It doesn't tell you, but it could kill. I am already dead, but I don't like how much it tastes bad like poison. I drink The Rifle Company coffee, and it is more obvious. It calls some of its drinks Death Wish. It is a traditional poison that doesn't hide itself in the taste of coffee. I drank it last night, and I felt more alert. It's a nicer coffee than a lot of the ones I've tried. They all taste like they have some form of poison in them to me. I have went through Krispy Kreme (a 1950s brand), Seattle's Best, and Caribou. McCafe coffee always has moldy coffee beans that could give you cancer. They are never fresh. I guess there is nothing to drink. But, if you are already dead, you can drink The Rifle Company. They are southern white from Civil War period. They tell it straight. You have a death wish. Nobody is going to mess with you if you drink this coffee and it wakes you up in the morning. They knew how to clean a rifle, how to load it, aim and fire. There's the quick and the dead. They always got a rifle and know how to use it. Nobody uses rifles anymore, but people who fought in the Civil War can get them at WalMart. They can hit you on the head and kill you that way if they run out of bullets. They're a straight shot. It just takes one bullet to kill you. Best stay clear of their private property signs. Ain't no rifle companies now, (only businesses), but there used to be plenty in 1866 and you could get a mean cup of coffee too while you were looking for the right one. Don't they get money know for their Kentucky Fried Chicken made from scratch? Colonel Sanders dresses like he was old enough to fight in the last civil war. I looked at my K-Pod, and I loaded my round into my Keurig machine, but it was weird. It called the K-pod one round. They are real smart about sharp shootin'.

It's a walk on the wild side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment