Monday, June 27, 2022

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" are American Rights

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." -- Thomas Jefferson, the Declaration of Independence

There is a right to life that is now being better protected for the unborn since Roe v. Wade was overturned on Friday, June 24th, 2022. I am excited and surprised. I did not know this was in the works, but I recently heard there was a draft decision issued about a month before last Friday online. 

This was a great day in history for Christians. I never thought I would see the day. Conservatives and Christians have been trying to overturn this 1973 Supreme Court decision for my whole life. I was looking at a headline on my home screen when I found out the news on Friday. 

Abortion used for birth control is murder and should not be legal. The United States is one of the most prosperous nations in the world with the most special children. Their right to life deserves to be protected. If this is going to continue, it will not be any accident. Conservatives need to continue to join together on common ground to protect what should have always been theirs and their children's. Catholics and Christians alike agree on a pro-life platform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment