Thursday, August 25, 2022

How My Week Has Been

I feel like college adds structure to my life. They assign me things, and I have a reason to read large sums of chapters when I would not on my own. I'm glad to be here. I do a lot of walking from where I live to my classes. I get my days started early and have a cup of coffee sometimes. I need to leave 20-30 minutes before I want to get there to get there ten minutes early. I started my paper today for an writing intensive class. I came up with a great idea. Now, I just need to find a case study that helps answer my question. I think I finally got this writing thing down with my last writing intensive class on sustainability. I was making A's on my papers. It's all about the editing process to weed out careless mistakes for me. 

I was looking over my classes this semester, and I began to see their vision for students. These classes could give me valuable knowledge that I can use directly in a construction management position. They complement each other, and this major is really good about applying math and science that you normally learn about theoretically. I'm in an equipment management, construction accounting, cost control and scheduling, quality and human resource management, and marketing class this semester. I am already seeing smart marketing strategies that could help me in the future. There are things I could do better. That is for sure. I am seeing the vision they have for me. They want me to be a better communicator and be a responsible construction manager who has ethics. They want me to write about how I plan to ensure quality control on the construction site. I think that is a great idea-- using writing to encourage ethical practices in quality and sustainability (a previous writing intensive course). Developing better speaking skills to communicate with all members of the construction team will help in the real world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment