Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Social Media is Hard Work

Working on two albums and two books over the last week has taught me that it really is work. I thought I was going to have fun recording my music, but to be professional you need to put work into it. You need to put work into making your production as good as you possibly can. I actually submitted my song "I Love You, Boy" to a contest to get it remastered. I think the beats are off. I realize that these people with successful YouTube channels and social media platforms have A. invested a lot of money in the right gear B. Worked hard on developing and editing their videos and C. invested in advertising to grow their fanbase. After working on my book for over 12 hours yesterday and doing proofreading today, I feel like I've been working at a day job all day. It is not easy, but I enjoy it. It is something I think is worth investing in for my future. If I'm ever successful, all the work will pay off. It's a different kind of work than traditional 9-5 jobs. You work on your schedule. There's much more freedom to get creative. You can have fun, but it needs to be structured to grow your profits.

No comments:

Post a Comment