Thursday, November 10, 2022

My Business Dream

I would need to take some community college classes on HVAC and plumbing repair to help me start my rental business. That way, I could repair most common problems and save money. That is what construction could always help me do although I probably will not manage many projects. It would help me to learn maintanence for a property. I am really stressed out and need time to sort things out. I have been so burnt out for so long. Maybe, I need a break. I could use a design partner to design my log cabin rental. We could have a partnership. I have a detailed vision for how I want it to look. When business is doing well, I can build a second one for myself live in. I just go by and do maintenance and cleaning duties when different guests leave. 

I wouldn't mind managing my own project to save money on a general contractor. I could interview the subcontractors I want to be in it and work on my own custom cabinetry for the kitchen and bathroom. I wanted to be good enough to make my own cabinetry out of wood. Maybe I have wasted my time in this major. I became focused on getting a bachelor's degree although it was not what I thought it would be a year ago.  A lot of classes help me with general contracting like contract law, OSHA, construction economics, structural analysis, construction documents, and more. I have learned a lot. I would have loved to learn to use Primavera 6. I heard about it in other classes. All of that would help me get a foreman or construction management position. I thought of new ways to get good prices for estimates the other day since a teacher said RS Means was not the best source for estimates. I just look them up and compare prices with local suppliers. It is just normal shopping. It isn't rocket science. They are never going to teach me how to do estimates in this major. I am wasting my time and money waiting on them. Something is crazy here. 

I did well on my marketing test today. I actually got a perfect score for the first time on a test. We have a big project due in December. I have to make a video and write a paper with a group. I hope I can get a small part to do. I do not have experience with making videos. I worked on my project for a human resource class. I have been running from one place to another all day. I am always running. I work on homework all day like it is a marathon. My life is very crazy. They had pepperoni pizza with chicken and banana peppers at the dining hall today. It was really good. I had four, small slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment