Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Test 2

I passed my second HR Management and Quality test yesterday with an A, but I do not think I am going to pass my cost and scheduling class. I am not really good at that class. It is about memorizing things word for word. I am still not sure I am going to pass the project that is due in late November. It seems like everything is worth half your grade. You can fail so quickly. I am ready to get out of that class. I think I am good at Primavera 6, but it looks like it's not about that. You have to pass her test. You almost have to read her mind. She takes off for things that do not make you good at scheduling. Even though I think I would pass what I turned in yesterday and that your WBS does not have to be identical with hers to be a good one, I think she is going to fail me whatever I turn in. Most people fail that class I guess. It is crazy here. I am cool with it. I was not coming back next semester either way. I asked for help about how mine was not scheduling the gaant chart, and I thought she messed up my schedule. 

There were no loops with the relationships. I got a 100 on the relationships assignment. The program said I had 10 loops, and she helped me to fix them but none of them changed. I do not think there were any because of my grade. But, I had to open my old files I saved because my schedule was all messed up trying to fix the program's crazy loops. Or, I had to start all over because I did not use her WBS from early in the class. It was not opening for me and she would not help me although I asked her more than once for help. It is really not worth it to me anymore. I have to get out of this program. I am not a project manager. 

Let me tell you how crazy I think it is. They changed the construction management program to project management and didn't tell anyone. You have to read their minds or something. That is what some of these tests that I am so stressed out about are on. They are so unreasonable. You need to know what they were thinking instead of construction. What did they mean? They did not ask the question clearly. I know some of my teachers were project managers, but I thought it made sense in 2020. They were qualified in construction management too and it seemed like being a professor was a good fit for them. If you are a construction manager, you probably want to start your own business and do not want to be a professor unless you are retired. 

I think I could still get a construction job with what I learned so far. I have an OSHA 30 card and CPR certification. I wish I had more experience with carpentry. I hoped to get some in the labs here without getting paid. I wanted to learn to fix air conditioning in the mechanical electrical class, but it had no lab. This degree does not mean much to many employers. Maybe, you do not need it. They will pay you for what you are worth. I can do a lot for the project with what I know about contracts and OSHA codes. I would help run a safe site that passes building inspections. Maybe I will learn on my own house projects. That will help probably. I can manage building my log cabin rentals. I can hire my own subcontractors and work on my cabinets. I wish I learned more here though. It was not a total waste of time, but there were several classes I thought I did not need.

I almost majored in pre-law at NC Central. However, I thought the system was crazy and switched my major. They cannot prove you guilty unless they have DNA evidence. They need to assume you are innocent until proven guilty. A lot of innocent people are in jail. I did not want to be part of that. I did not think it was worth going through law school if it was crazy. Also, the jury should not decide if you are guilty. It is not a decision. They have evidence or they don't. I use that to learn building codes. I know how to reference OSHA codes. Our professor was a good one. He showed us how to navigate the codes online. So, if you have a question, you can look it up. The law changes. You just need to know where to look for your project. For whatever is in your project, there are codes that apply to it. Look up what is in your project and it tells you how to stay in compliance. The law will work for you if you know it. It will protect you. So, there are plenty of laws in construction. It does not look crazy. 

People you could help me sue: all the manufacturers in the grocery stores that put preservative poison in their food. You could sue America. Man, all the food in boxes are preserved with carcinogenic chemicals. Isn't that illegal? It should be. There are so many people to sue, I could win a large settlement. I am not going to live as long. All the food I could buy has preservatives in it. Also, the vitamins I have been buying, have no nutritional value if they are man-made. Doctors will tell you to be picky with your vitamins because they are not all real vitamins. Yet, they charge you such a high price for vitamins that have no value. This shouldn't be legal. It is so crazy, you could sue enough companies that you always have an income coming in from settlements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment