Sunday, November 13, 2022

Night Sky and The Peripheral

I have been studying for tests next week today and got a lot done over the last three days. Although I do not think I am smart enough to pass both construction and design, I study for tests still while I am here. It helps me to pass the time. I watched the rest of Season 1 of Night Sky and The Peripheral. I think the peripheral refers to being outside of one's body after they died. They are on the outside of that old life. It was cool figuring that out. 

I think they have made the construction management degree into a design major. It is impossible to pass unless you could have majored in design and been a project manager. Project managers are designers that also need to get a general contractor's license or qualification. I am no designer. So, I am probably not smart enough for their design program, but I could have been a construction manager. That is a general contractor. It is crazy here. I think I could manage my own projects, take a class or two at Pitt Community College on HVAC repair and plumbing, and have a rental up making money. I could live in it and have a roommate who pays rent at first. Then, when I am doing well with my foreman job and rental, I could build my own house. There are classes at Pitt Community College that really do teach you how to work with HVAC and plumbing. I could just take one or two at a time and get the skills I need to repair most common problems with my property and save a lot of money. 

I could get experience with a part time construction job working on residential projects as a foreman. I can work construction equipment, do CPR, and look up OSHA or building codes. I just wanted to have a checklist that I check off to make sure we pass inspections. I do not think I will do that kind of job long though. I heard it is not safe to stay in construction a long time from college classes because it is a dangerous industry. So, I have a back up plan how I want a log cabin rental business and land to go with it. I was going to run a sheep farm and train a dog for herding sheep. I do not want to work. I love animals. Renting may be the way to make a good passive income while doing what I enjoy. I do not mind cleaning or lawncare. I do not want a desk job or to be stressed out. I like gardening. I could add nice landscaping to my property and keep that up so I don't get bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment