Saturday, October 8, 2022

Correction

I think the Revit class we took is useful for construction managers. I learned in college they have to help check over plans from different engineers for constructability, clash detection, and more. I am excited about the Primavera scheduling class I am in. I am not sure I am going to pass it, but I wanted to learn P6 before I graduated or left ECU. I heard about the software in Estimating I and Planning and Scheduling I. Primavera means Spring in Spanish. I think what they teach in Construction Economics is so true about people being uninformed about smart financial planning. That is a big reason for construction businesses failing according to this class. That has been repeated in different classes. You have to look out for people who do not know what they are doing and check before you build. I guess with as-built plans, I would ask the architect to redesign the structure before I built something differently. I plan to look over the plans and make sure I can build it to save the customer money. I don't want to build and then have to do rework. That costs time and money. I can get it redesigned and face no liability for design flaws that I am likely to have since I have not studied architecture design by asking the designer to do all the drawings. They have to approve it and would do a better job that I would. I am no architect. I dropped a digital architecture class at Pitt Community College because I thought I would fail it. I also found out I was not that into architecture though. Though I only do construction, that is consistent with other subcontractors. One area is all they do, but they are experts in that area. That could work out for me. 

They also had amazing history teachers at Science and Math. A lot of students were good at English and History. They remember every detail they read. I got to work in a dark room in the photography class I took. I thought that was pretty cool. I did a cool mini-term project one year on American Sign Language where I worked with a deaf woman. I did my presentation in sign language. I have forgotten most of the signs I learned, but I still spell. They also had a great Spanish and language programs. I watched Destinos Spanish videos and was challenged in their courses. They let me take Spanish and Esperanto. Our professor was very smart. She really pushed us to understand Destinos videos. Many students were good with learning grammar rules. A lot of students I knew liked Japanese. They also had Chinese classes available. They were just excellent at our high school. The won the Siemens-Westinghouse award for cancer research one year. It was a $100,000 scholarship. Everyone was focused on their goals there. There weren't students holding the class back who did not care about school. I liked that. Chemistry problems were way more challenging than the ones at my first high school. I think that helped a lot of students not get bored. They were bored in their old high schools. We worked with liquid nitrogen and did lengthy experiments in the lab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment