Saturday, October 1, 2022

Take a Stab in the Dark

The way singers sing their songs differently in live performances than on their record is how you can sing songs different ways. You can rearrange how you are going to sing your lines when you are looking for a new hit song. Also, you can look at Gospel singers who have their own unique way of singing their part. The hold out different notes and sing the song in different ways depending on what city they are in when they are performing live. I like to watch Sunday Best. They have some really talented artists that do rapid arpeggios. I have been working on them a little over the last year. I do not sing as well as the artists on this show and would need voice coaching to sing my own songs. But, they quickly go up and down the scale doing arpeggios in their singing to show off their vocal ability. It is really hard to sing arpeggios that fast because there are no keys to press. The instrument is all in your vocal chords. 

That is what I do to find a new hit song. I sing for the song in different ways I think sound good. I am searching for something in the dark. I am looking for a hit. Something about the song makes it a hit. The chorus, the lyrics, the beat, or everything. Sometimes I go around humming different beats I thought up and think are pretty good until I make them better. If part of my new song is good, I use only that part and keep working on the rest of it. I keep rewriting the parts that are mediocre or terrible until I have the best song I can come up with. When I have done all I can to improve a song, I move onto another idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment