Friday, October 7, 2022

NC Central and the NC School of Science and Math

I had great professors at NC Central. I went there because of their amazing law school. I was a criminal justice major. They are also amazing writers. Their English I class introduced me to creative writing, and helped me eventually write my two books. I had never taken such a hard creative writing class. They taught me tools I could use to make any piece of writing better. They were excellent in everything they did. I had never been around so many successful African American people. It was inspiring. Most of the students and professors were black. Their law school is something else. (I went to a meeting with law students who shared what their program was like). You could have to stand up in class for an hour and teach about what you read. It is so hard. They emphasized detail. You can had so many layers to your writing to make it more tangible and paint a picture of the world you are creating. I am glad I went to NC Central. I enjoy studying building code laws and watching their marching band play. 

They had a dream team of instructors at the School of Science and Math. One of my English teachers went to Harvard. I remember thinking I had the best teachers while I was there. My math teacher wrote our math textbook for Precalculus Trig. They were all good enough to be college professors. I wish I had more direction back then. I wasted a lot of time, but it is never to late. I am not giving up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment